Somerset Civil has worked on a range of small to medium lot subdivisions and property development projects in Queensland, delivering a range of high quality solutions to specification.
In consultation with the project engineer or surveyor, we assess your infrastructure needs – including what services are required.
We keep up-to-date with all council regulations, constructing high quality drainage, underground services, roads, and bulk earth works that are to specification.
- construction of access holes, stormwater chambers and concrete structures
- construction of culverts
- drainage for earthworks projects
- drainage works for road upgrades
- drainage works for subdivisions
- pipeline installation
- Burst Pipes & blocked sewers
- recycling/treatment plant
- sewer mains & PE Sewer
- stormwater drainage
- water mains
- Plant Hire
- Sewerage Pit Overflow
Somerset Civil is licensed in the following:
- Confined space
- Dogman (for pipe laying)
- Ductile iron
- Polytech electrofusion
- Polytech butt welding
The company maintains an extensive public liability insurance policy with QBE.
Somerset Civil is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all people and stakeholders involved with our works, along with a commitment to ensure our activites are not harmful to the environment or greater community.
Our overall objective is to minimize hazards and to maintain minimal impact on the environment
- No harm to any persons or the environment
- To work in a responsible and sustainable manner
- Develop and maintain regular workplace inspections and reporting procedures
- Encourage all employees, contractors, sub-contractors and stakeholders to take an active role in the development of safe working practices
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors, sub-contractors and other stakeholders involved with Somerset Civil project’s understand and comply with all applicable legislation and regulations relating to work place health & safety and any relevant plumbing and gas codes
Somerset Civil will meet these objectives by ensuring:
- All employees, contractors and subcontractors must have obtained certification before operating machinery and equipment and hold a Work Safely in the Construction Industry White Card.
- The work team is totally committed to a safe and healthy work environment through continuous consultation, communication and involvement in decision making relating to work place health & safety programmes.
- Any incidents are to be immediately reported to a Somerset Civil supervisor, investigated and documented in the provided Somerset Civil safety file.
- The provision of Material Safety Data sheets, work place health & safety plan & safe work method statements to all employees, contractors, subcontractors and stakeholders.